Maureen Miller, Master Certified Coach (MCC), brings 20+ years of business experience and 2500+ hours of Coaching experience to coaching leaders and professionals in the not-for-profit, for-profit, and government sectors.
Maureen is a Leadership, Career & Job Search Coach and received her coaching training through Coach U, holds a Bachelor of Education through the University of Calgary, and is working towards her Master’s in Counseling (MC).
Maureen has Coached leaders and professionals on the police force, city services, and healthcare and offers Coaching through Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs). She is also a Fellow Coach with the world-renowned company BetterUp.
Maureen creates a safe place for her clients to explore:
- Their deeply held beliefs and attitudes
- The life and work experiences that shape the lens they use to look at the world
- Their fruitless patterns and habits
- Their weaknesses, failures, and mistakes
- How to leverage their strengths
- How to increase the meaning and passion in their work
Maureen is a master at leveraging the power of humor with her clients to help her clients anchor what they learn and uses the principles of neuroscience in her coaching process. She also employs role-play, guided imagery, mind/body, and positive psychology.
As an Executive & Leadership Coach, Maureen is versed in the 360 Process, EQi 2.0, MBTI, Learning Styles, and Values in Action (VIA) Character Strengths Survey and loves to coach on Zoom and other teleconference systems.
She has a strong passion for personal branding and is currently co-authoring a book on the subject. Maureen is also skilled in Coaching to support clients in navigating conflict.
Prior to becoming a Coach, Maureen worked in the Oil & Gas industry as a Project Manager (managing suppliers) and has also worked in the Accounting, Public Relations & Communications, Organizational Development, Training, and Curriculum Development business functions. Maureen was also a teacher for nine years.
Maureen is very active in supporting the Coaching community as:
- A faculty member for Coach U (one of the first coach training schools) where she supports Coaching students, from around the world, in gaining coaching skills
- A Credentialing Assessor for the International Coach Federation (ICF) (through this experience, she is highly versed in the ICF Core Competencies and the ICF Code of Ethics)
- An Evaluation Consultant with the WEBECS Program Evaluation Assessment Tool Team, which is currently evaluating and selecting the programs for the WEBECS executive coaching track
Maureen has served on the board of directors for several nonprofit organizations where she performed leadership and board development workshops and represented these groups through public speaking engagements.
Maureen currently serves on a committee called the Patient Care Network of British Columbia, Canada, which will make sweeping changes in in-patient care for the Canadian healthcare system.
As part of an annual public education initiative, Maureen also wrote, directed, and edited a television show called Chance for Change (aired on the local CRTV television).
Maureen is also specially qualified to support people on the Autism Spectrum with Job Search, Career and Life Coaching, as her son is on the spectrum.
Leadership Coaching Testimonials
“I really enjoyed my two DiSC coaching sessions with Maureen. She helped shine some light on my unique profile characteristics and provided me with some personal insight to maximize my strengths.” –Manager, Banking