From Jack Welch’s Winning
- Relentlessly upgrade their team, using every encounter as an opportunity to evaluate, coach, and build self-confidence.
- Make sure people not only see the vision, they live and breathe it.
- Get into everyone’s skin, exuding positive energy and optimism.
- Establish trust with candor, transparency, and credit.
- Have the courage to make unpopular decisions and gut calls.
- Probe and push with a curiosity that borders on skepticism, making sure their questions are answered with action.
- Inspire risk taking and learning by setting the example.