Barnes & Noble Career Exploration Exercise
- Clipboard and/or a Pad of Paper
1. Go to Barnes & Noble or any local bookstore.
2. Browse the Magazine Aisle and write down topics that interests you.
3. Do the same in the nonfiction book and in the bargain aisles.
4. At home, eliminate any duplicates on the list.
5. Group like topics together.
6. Write the topics on Post-it Notes and arrange them in related groupings.
7. Go to this page to investigate possible careers by areas of interest.
8. Go to the Career Websites listed in the “Career Lists “document.
9. Prioritize the careers that interest you most.
10. Research the top 4-5 topics to see what jobs there are available in those areas.