Career Exploration Questions
Here are some Career Exploration Questions that you may want to explore to help identify career possibilities.
- What job or jobs have you enjoyed doing in the past?
- What have you done in your past jobs that have you enjoyed?
- What have you been successful at?
- What interests you?
- What needs do you feel moved to meet in the world?
- Who inspires you? Would you want to do what they do or something related?
- What did you want to do when you were a child?
- If there were no limitations of any kind, what would you want to do?
- What is your BIG career or business dream?
- What business would you have if you owned your own business?
- Which of your friends are happy in their work? Would you want to do what they do?
- What gives you joy?
- What do you want your work day to look like?
Questions from Success Magazine – John Maxwell
- If you inherited so much money that you would never have to work again, what would you do with your time?
- What would you never give up because you love it so much?
- What hobbies have you pursued over the years and why? These may be clues that will tell you something about yourself.
- What are you naturally good at-so good that other people compliment you?
- When others consult you for advice, what do they ask you about?
- What are you curious about?
- What do you do better than anything else?