Does Job Hopping Hurt Your Personal Brand?
And, the average length of time IT professionals stay at High Tech companies is under 3 years:
- How Long Do Tech Pros Stay in Their Jobs?
- How Long Do Software Engineers in San Francisco Bay Area Stay on a Job?
- Tech companies have highest turnover rate
Job Hopping does have positive aspects. Here are a couple of articles that identify positives of job hopping:
- How Long is Too Long to Stay in the Same Job and 3 Huge Risks for Doing So
- Why Job Hoppers Make the Best Employees
Even though it is not as much of a stigma as it once was, you may want to reduce the appearance of job hopping on your resume and/or LinkedIn Profile. Some strategies include (depending on your situation):
- Leaving a job(s) off that is of short duration
- Combining jobs
- Making a Consulting or Contract job on your resume or LinkedIn Profile, and putting multiple jobs underneath it