To create a rewarding company culture, one step is to eliminate any Demotivators that currently exist. Here’s a list to get you started.
- Taking people for granted.
- Allowing inappropriate behaviors.
- The wrong choice of words:
- Well, duh
- I don’t want to hear any more excuses (confrontational, not collaborative)
- I’ve got my eye on you (threatening, not dealing with the issue)
- Inaccessibility of supervisor.
- Not returning e-mails, phone calls, feedback on projects, or answers to questions.
- Treating employees like children.
- Not leading by example.
- Displays anger.