Here is a list of common general interview questions that a recruiter or hiring manager may ask you. Practicing answering these questions will help you prepare for many questions that may be asked on an interview.
1. Where would you like to be in 5 years?
2. What type of culture do you thrive in?
3. How are you managed best?
4. How would you describe your communication style?
5. How do you get along with your current team?
6. How do you get along with your current boss?
7. What have been your major contributions to this employer?
8. What do you not like about your current role, company, etc?
9. What interests you about this position?
10. What concerns you about this position?
11. What has been your biggest failure? How did you recover?
12. What position was your favorite?
13. What is not on your resume that I need to know?
14. What do you do when you’re not working?
15. What are your personal values related to the business world and why are they important to you?
16. How well organized are you?
17. How do you hold yourself accountable?
18. How many other opportunities are you looking at? What stage are they?
19. Are you willing to relocate?
20. What are your salary expectations?
21. How are you currently compensated?
22. What % of your compensation was directly related to your performance, team’s performance?
23. Tell me why you changed jobs at each point in your career.
24. What is your level of motivation to make a job change on a scale of 1-10?
25. Who do you report to now?
26. What job titles do your team members have?
27. Tell me how you organize your day.
28. How much notice do you need to give?
29. What is your timeline to make a change?
30. How are you currently compensated?
31. What are your salary expectations?
32. What % of your compensation is directly related to your performance vs. team performance?
33. What do you do to relieve stress?