- Below are School Psychologist Manager Interview Questions that you can practice with.
- How will you help with the morale of our psychologists?
- What makes you the person for the job?
- Why do you want this job?
- Why do you want to leave your current post?
- What are your leadership qualifications?
- What in your career has helped get you ready for this job?
- What do crucial conversations look like to you?
- What can you do to help us keep staff from quitting this challenging profession?
- What kind of vision might you bring to this role?
- How do you see yourself fitting into our team?
- How will you help if there is a hostile parent situation?
- How will you handle gossip in the ranks?
- Tell us about how you’ve handled a mistake in the past.
- How have you, in the past, convinced someone to do work they were resistant to doing?
- Tell us about a process you’ve improved. What was the impact?
- Tell us about a time when you had to give “difficult to hear” feedback to a teacher, intern or psychologist. How did you deliver that feedback? What was the outcome?
- What support do you believe the psychologists need and how would you provide it?
- How would you find substitute psychologists?
- What training do you believe apprentice psychologists need that we don’t currently offer?
- Tell us about a training program you’ve delivered to school psychologists. What was the impact?
- How would you assess the mentoring needs of a new or apprentice psychologist? How would you meet those needs?
- What do you think is the most important data to monitor in this position? How would you use this data to improve the services we offer?
- How would you help an underperforming psychologist? How have you helped an underperforming psychologist or intern in the past?
- How have you diffused conflict between a teacher and a parent in the past? What was the outcome?
- How have you diffused conflict between a child and a teacher in the past?
- How have you diffused conflict between two colleagues in the past? What was the outcome?
- What’s the best advice you can give a new school psychologist?
- How would you get the psychologists on board with an unpopular decision?
- How would you handle a discipline issue with a psychologist? Ethical Breach, underperformance, inappropriate handling of a child or parent or a conflict with a teacher.