Financial Operations Manager Interview Questions
Use the interview questions below to prepare for Financial Operations Manager interview. Practice with your Coach, a friend, and/or practice aloud on your own.
- How have you handled it when you’ve found an error a colleague has made that would significantly impact the company?
- How would you go about developing an Annual Operating Plan?
- How would you support the company’s departments in tracking their actuals to budget?
- What’s the difference between a leader and a manager?
- What kind of metrics would you establish for the Finance Department?
- How would you measure the performance of your staff members?
- Describe a time when you persuaded your peers to your point of view.
- How would you create teamwork in the Finance Department?
- Tell me about a situation in which you were able to negotiate a win-win with another department.
- What challenges do finance professionals face today?
- Describe a time when a staff member did not meet your expectations and what you did about it.
- Describe how you would handle a difficult customer.
- Describe a time when you weighed the cost of something against the benefit and what decision you made based on that analysis.
Getting ready for an important interview? Want to land the job? My team and I can help you hone your Interview Skills. Contact me today for a Coaching Consultation.