Leaders are responsible to ensuring that their team is efficient and productive at all times. New Leaders often struggle with this because they lack a deep understanding of the day-to-day that their team experiences. I recently received a question from a Coach who I am linked to on LinkedIn that led me to develop a new list of new leader questions. I love questions!
Here is her inquiry to me:
“I have a group of new leaders that struggle to ask the right questions to get the right detail from other managers about certain problems/challenges/issues and need help really getting into the deeper problem?”
New Leader Questions for Increasing Productivity
Here is my list of questions to help her Coaching clients uncover the deeper problem behind productivity issues:
- What obstacles are you facing in getting your tasks done?
- What takes you the most time?
- Where do most of the errors occur?
- What causes errors?
- What resources are you lacking?
- Do you have the training you need to get the job done?
- What could I do to help you do your job better?
- What are the bottlenecks to getting the job done?
- What costs you time?
- Are the roles in your area clear?
Leaders should use these new leader questions to connect to their teams and improve procedures and job descriptions, increase productivity, reduce stress, and strengthen relationships. To sustain that high level of performance, Leaders should continuously develop their Leadership skills through continuing education and coaching.