A big part of how we support our Coaching clients is by helping them break through the fears that keep them from taking action. Often, just by acknowledging what type of fear is getting in the way, the client can move forward.
Five common types of fear that our clients face include: fear of rejection, fear of embarrassment, fear of failure, fear of success, and fear of the unknown. Once the client determines the type of fear they are facing, they can start to break it down and get it out of the way.
Below are coaching questions for 5 common fears, that we use to help our clients explore, overcome, and dispel fears.
You can use them on your own, or with your Coach, to process and work through your fears.
1. Fear of Rejection
- How does rejection affect your worth as a person?
- Does being rejected change who you are?
- How could you embrace rejection?
2. Fear of Embarrassment
- If you embarrass yourself, what will happen?
- Will you lose your job?
- Will your husband divorce you?
- Will you be less of a person?
- Will anyone remember that you embarrassed yourself for more than a week?
3. Fear of the Unknown
- What’s the worst thing that could happen?
- How likely is it that something bad will happen?
- Can you embrace the unknowing and be open to what will come?
4. Fear of Failure
- How will you feel if you do nothing?
- Isn’t doing nothing failure?
- What benefits will you receive if you succeed?
- Is it worth it to risk failure if you have a chance to change the circumstances of your life for the better?
5. Fear of Success
- Do you fear change?
- Would it be worth facing change to create better conditions in your life?
- How could you see yourself having success in this situation?
- How can you embrace the fact that you deserve good things in life?
There are 5 More Common Fears to look in the blog.
If you’re not one of our Coaching clients, do you need help facing your fears? We can help. Schedule a Consultation with the orange button at the top right.