More and more scientific research is coming out that the systematic practice of building gratitude will help you be happier. A new study showed that you could boost your happiness by 25% and keep it there by taking actions that build gratitude.
Here are some gratitude building exercises and actions:
- Pick one of your five senses (sight, sound, smell, taste, touch) and for a day use that sense to look for the gifts that the world gives you. Be thankful for these gifts.
- Pick a person you spend time with and observe their gestures, words, and actions that reflect their inner goodness. Be grateful for the gifts they give the world.
- Choose a difficult person in your life and observe their gestures, words, and actions that reflect their inner goodness. Be grateful for the gifts they give the world.
- When you want to complain, stop yourself. Instead list one thing you’ve learned from the inconvenience you would have complained about.
- Set an alarm and every time if goes off, think of something you are grateful for.
- Before you go to sleep, count the warm intentions of the people you’ve encountered throughout the day. You should sleep more soundly than usual.
- For five straight minutes list everything you can think of that is good in your life. Carry the list with you and read it throughout your day.
- Spend time with people who are grateful and positive.
Image Courtesy : photostock/FreeDigitalphotos.net