5 Remote Meeting Tips Infographic is part 14 of our series on Remote Meetings:
• Part 1: Remote and Hybrid Team Meeting Tips
• Part 7: Manage Remote Meeting Logistics
• Part 10: Remote Meeting Decision-Making
• Part 12: 8 Tips for Managing Hybrid Meetings
• Part 13: Personal Branding for Remote Meetings
5 Tips to Streamline Your Remote Meetings
Remote meetings have become the norm and it’s the job of all Leaders to take a deliberate approach to managing remote meetings effectively. If a leader does not do extra planning for remote meetings, they may not create successful outcomes for the leader and their teams.
That’s why we put together the following infographic — to make sure that you’re able to run effective and engaging remote meetings.
5 Tips to Streamline Your Remote Meetings (In Text Form)
Remote meetings need leaders who think about and apply the tips in the infographic (and below) effectively. If a leader does not do extra planning for remote meetings, they may not create successful outcomes for the leader and their teams.
Here’s the information on the “Remote Meeting Tips infographic” here, in case this form is more convenient for you.
To create a successful remote meeting, leaders need to:
- Prepare ahead of time, with
- Well-planned agendas
- Well-scoped meetings
- Assigned pre-reads
- Facilitate strategically, by
- Guiding the meeting
- Keeping the meeting focused
- Creating opportunities for others to speak (Round Robin or “Batting” order)
- Intervening in bad meeting behaviors
- Design an effective meeting structure, via
- Ground rules
- Action items
- Timekeeping for agenda
- Parking lot
- Stretch breaks
- Interactive not “Tell” meetings
- Communicate by using
- Checks for understanding
- Team feedback
- Waiting longer for answers to questions
- Manage technology with
- Good lighting
- Use of chats, “Raise your hand,” polls, screen-sharing, breakout rooms, and meeting recordings
Become a Better Remote and Hybrid Meeting Leader
Do you want to improve your remote meeting leadership skills? Set up a Leadership Coaching Consultation with us today!